After many years of “alcohol exploration” I have finally, in my 30’s, concluded what I like to drink. Here’s the breakdown:
All the time, and time: Red Wine (pref Cabernet or a mind blowing Syrah)
In the summer: Rose (has to be very dry and not too sweet and ice cold)
Also in the summer: Beer! (Hefferweisen with an orange is the best!)
In the winter: Guiness. Can’t be beat.
Special Occasions: Manhattans.
The wine and beer is a no-brainer, but for the past several years I have developed an affinity for Bourbon, and there is always the quest for the perfect Manhattan on the rocks. Personally speaking, I think my Dad and I make the best ‘Hattans, but there are a few bars out there (mainly in NYC) that know how to do it up right as well.
The secret to a great Manhattan starts of course with the bourbon. It needs to be sweet, syrupy, oak aged and from the south. There is something really seductive about bourbon to me, it carries a far greater complexity than say vodka. Maybe I just like things you have to wrap your arms around…like really strong coffee and deep dark chocolate.
On rare occasions, I can sip really amazing bourbon on the rocks, but I have to admit I’m not the champ I’d like to be in that dept. Instead the Manhattan does the trick…mixed with sweet vermouth and toped with a splash of cherry juice and a twist of lemon, this drink is just about perfect in my book.
Which is why I fell for these Whiskey Rocks. There’s nothing worse than something you love getting diluted or warm, and these rocks answer both those problems. Store them in your fridge and bring them out into your favorite rocks glass and pour your drink accordingly.
The seduction will continue to the very last drop.
- Whiskey Stones
- Set of 9 stones packaged in a gift box
- Reusable storage bag included
- Made in Vermont from natural soapstone, by the craftsmen of the oldest soapstone workshop in the United States.
- Whiskey Stones will impart neither flavor nor odor, and they are more gentle than ice.
- Store in the freezer for at least 4 hours before use. Add 3 stones to a glass.
- Pour until liquid has reached the height of 1 stone (about 2 fl oz). Let stand for 5 minutes. Enjoy.