There’s no limit to the fun you can have with this branding iron this summer. Whether you’re playing a joke on your dad or marking your territory at a friend’s pool party, this tool is sure to be a conversation piece.
Here our favorite BBQ sauce recipe to get you in the grilling mood:
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1/2 medium onion, chopped
* 6 cloves garlic, minced
* Pinch of crushed red pepper
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* 1 (28-ounce) can whole, peeled tomatoes (with puree), pureed in a blender
* 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute more.
Add the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until deep red in color and reduced to about 4 cups, about 25 minutes. Season with pepper to taste. Use now, or store, covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- My BBQ Branding Iron
- Comes with all the letters in the alphabet + spaces that let you spell out just about anything
- No tools needed!
- Dimensions: 18" x 3.5" x 1.5".
- Cast iron shaft w/ wood handle.